LiveWire Teen Forums LiveWire Teen Forums Temple of the Screaming Electron Website Get Plugged in at ACDC.com

Monday, May 28, 2007

ACE FREHLEY Records Ten New Songs, Seeks Label Home - May 25, 2007

ACE FREHLEY Records Ten New Songs, Seeks Label Home - May 25, 2007

New York radio personality and VH1 Classic VJ/host Eddie Trunk has posted the following message in his blog:

"Stopped by and visited my old friend Ace Frehley last night [Thursday, May 24] at the [New York City] studio where he is now mixing his upcoming CD. Ace is doing so well, is totally healthy and just in a great place now. I am very proud of him. Ace has recorded 10 new songs so far and is completing three to use as a demo for now. I can tell you there is some strong label interest so he will no doubt have several options to release it. I heard two of the three new songs that are being finalized and I must say I was really impressed with them. It is classic-sounding Ace singing and playing. One track had a vocal from Ace that almost had a BEATLES-type vibe, but still rockin'. You will also be happy to know that Ace plays all guitar and sings all vocals. The recordings were made with a trio of Ace, Anton Fig on drums and new bassist Anthony Esposito (LYNCH MOB). The touring band will be Ace, Anthony and other players [to be announced]. Ace also told me he wrote all the songs just before going into the studio, so this is all fresh stuff. I'm really excited by the two songs I heard. It is by far the most 'KISS-like' music from any past or present member of the band's respective solo albums. We hung out for a couple hours, talked about the old days and had some Japanese food. Really fun night and was great to see him as always."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home