LiveWire Teen Forums LiveWire Teen Forums Temple of the Screaming Electron Website Get Plugged in at ACDC.com

Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Intellectual response

I wish to be promoted to Intellectual because I'm one of the rare individuals who you can hold a reasonably coherant intellectual or philosophical discussion with and have all sides presented fairly and equally.

This may sound stupid, but I took the test in order for me to become officially recognised as an intellectual. Many of the users on LW already know that I'm extremely bright, and that I can be asked anything and can come up with very helpful advice when nobody else seems to be able to, especailly the support leaders. I'm just seeking official recognition of that inteligence that I and just about everybody else on LW already knows.

You should upgrade my account because it can only be of benefit to Livewire the teen forum and to Livewire members in general.

You ask whether there is such a thing as a unselfish action. Of course there is! I am applying to become an intellectual not to improve myself, but to better the lives of those I have the capability to improve. The only think I seek to gain from becoming an official LW intellectual is the satisfaction that others are benefiting, due to the help and advice that I provide them.

I'll try to keep my story short and to the point. Being the bright child that I was, I started kindergarten when I was 2 turning 3, instead of the 4 turning 5 it was supposed to be. As tends to happen in Kindergarten all the children put on a grandparents day, where all the children's grandparents are invited for afternoon tea. So mine came along, and I was asked to take some small cakes around. Seeing as I didn't want to loose out on the best cakes, I took a bite out of the ones I likes the look of, and placed them back on the plate so nobody else would eat them. After summarily taking the plate of cakes around the room I returned to my seat with all my desired cakes.


Area of Interest:

My area of interest is music, not just listening to it no that's for the mindless. But I like to take interest in how songs are structured - I've deconstructed the chords, melodies and harmonies of my favourite songs and examined how they all link together to form amazing tunes. The Chordal structure of a popular song usually depends on the melody and overtone of the song - If it's a happy song then there are mainly major chords, if there is an unhappy patch in the song the chords generally revert to minor, working their way up to a 7th chord, which then leads back to the starting chord.

My interest in music started very early, because my mother is a music teacher and we've always had instruments lieing around the house. I'm more than competent on: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Bass Guitar, Drums, Saxaphone and I can sing as well - tell me a non-intellectual would be able to do that? I also write songs and have won a number of lyric and whole songwriting competitions, with my rock n' roll based descriptions of "Life, Love and Lack of". That incidentally is going to be the title of my debut album when I get everything recorded.



The Current Event:

The current ceasefire between Israel and Hezbullah is only a temporary lull in a much wider conflict, which has the potential to profoundly affect the entire world. While the fighting has temporarily ceased, due to a UN security council resolution, neither side is turning it's back on the other for a moment. The wider conflict which I speak of is the battle between the Christian west (led by The United States) and certain muslim nations attempting to spread Islam to the 4 corners of the globe. It can almost be said that President Bush's 'War on Terror' is meerly another holy crusade in the name of god, with both parties attemtpting to push their values onto the other. The US call their value 'democracy,' which is a funny ancient Greek word for a nation ruled by the people. In spreading their 'democracy' around the world, the United States is systematically turning the world against it, then wonders why it can't get many nations to cooperate.

The month-long war between Israel and Hezbollah (which means 'army of god' in Arabic) is just a localised clash between faiths, and forms part of the same West vs. Middle East conflict as the war on terror, Iraq, and Iran's nuclear 'problem.' It holds the same position between Christianity and Islam that the Vietnam war did between the West and the USSR during the cold war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home